Now more than ever, safety has become a non-compromisable aspect of everyone’s life. With crime rates at their prime, people have been paranoid and often left anxious by the thought of leaving their kids alone, even if it’s just in the safety of their own homes. If you’ve got kids or older people at home, you’ll know how stressful it can get to work out of the house. But with the Arlo desktop application, it’ll just be as though you’re right by their side, keeping an eye on every circumstance and potential danger. You can control all your smart devices, IP cameras, CCTV, etc., right from your desktop with the help of Arlo.
It can be very comforting for people with anxiety disorders to know what their family’s up to and be reassured that they’re safe. So, if you’re ready to install and start using Arlo, let’s get into the details of downloading the Arlo app for PC.
|Name||Arlo App For PC|
|Compatibility||Windows 7,8,10, and 11|
|Bug Test||Passed (No issues detected)|
Arlo App For Windows PC
Method 1: Download Arlo using Bluestacks
- If you use Bluestacks as your emulator, follow along to get done with downloading Arlo.
- If you don’t have Bluestacks installed, start by going to its official website and downloading Bluestacks first.
- When the download is done, run the Bluestacks application on your PC.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Now, open the play store and search for Arlo.
- Click on the install button, and wait for the process to complete.
- The Arlo app icon will appear on the home screen of your desktop.
Method 2: Download Arlo using NoxPlayer
- If you still need to do it, download NoxPlayer from bignox.com.
- Download the application and run it on your desktop.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and finish setting up NoxPlayer.
- Find the Google Play Store and log in with your Gmail account.
- In the Play Store, search for Arlo and be careful because there are a lot of knock-off apps.
- Make sure to find the official icon of Arlo and then click on the install option.
- Please wait for the installation process to complete, and that’s it; you are done with the Arlo app Windows download.
Why Arlo For PC?
Arlo is just a collection of good decisions from the technical team regarding its features. Discussing all of them wouldn’t be possible, so we’ll stick to the main and most impressive ones.
- It is a very functional app, and one feature you’ll appreciate is that you wouldn’t have to worry about managing the critical IPC system as it is already taken care of by the app’s software.
- Od motion detection is also available with the Arlo app.
- The objection identification feature is another one you’ll be surprised by; it’s on point.
- You can play older recorded videos without any inconvenience.
- The app interface is very impressive; it’s both techy, feature-rich, and very understandable, all at the same time.
- Here’s the impressive part, the Arlo app enables you to communicate through the camera, so you can most definitely pull a prank or two on your kid, fiance, or whoever’s at home.
- This is about the basic version; the Arlo Pro is the right place if you’re looking for a more premium experience. Visit the official website of Arlo to know more about it.
Top 3 Apps Like Arlo
Now that we’ve discussed enough, Arlo, let’s consider a few alternatives. If you are unsatisfied with Arlo, the options below might perfectly match your necessities.
When it comes to CCTV, Lorex is among the top choices. It doesn’t include any monthly fee, which is good for most of us. The cameras have up to 4K resolution, and Lorex gives you many options in every aspect. One thing that’s on the negative side of Lorex is the design; it could be better, but not too bad, either. Some cameras in Lorex do not support cloud backup, which might be a problem sometimes, but if you can deal with that, Lorex is a very good option.
2. Wyne Cam
If you’re looking for something cheaper, Wyne is the best in its price range. It is affordable and is good in the features section. After all, it’s about safety, so as far as the cam features are considered, Wyne is a good deal for the money.
The price point Amcrest hits are comfortably in the middle, not too high, not too low. And it is worth every penny that you’re spending on the purchase. It is similar to Wyne but does give you a considerably high amount of options and features.
Q. Does Arlo have a desktop version?
No, the Arlo app does not have an official version for PC. But, the Arlo secure app for PC can be downloaded with the help of an android emulator. The steps to do so are provided above.
Q. Can I use the Arlo app without a subscription?
Yes, Arlo has a free trial option, but you must start paying once you’ve exhausted your free trial.
Q. Is there an Arlo app for Windows 10 PC?
No, but you can download Arlo on Windows with the help of an Android emulator.
Q. Is there a monthly fee for Arlo?
The basic plan includes no monthly fee, but the features are also limited. You must pay the monthly fee if you upgrade to a plan with more features and cloud storage.
This is all we’ve got on the Arlo app. The methods to download, features, and everything you’ll need to know about Arlo have been specified above. A few alternatives have also been provided; we hope it was helpful. If there’s anything you’re struggling with and can’t comprehend accordingly, leave it in the comments or contact us through email.