If you are an iPhone and iPad user, you must have been using iMessage to communicate with friends and family. iMessage is a fantastic instant messaging solution! Open up your Settings and add an Apple ID to your account. After that, send and receive messages to anyone who is also an iPhone user.
But what if when you have an iPhone but want to receive iMessage notifications even on your Windows PC?
Although iMessage is designed specifically for Apple users only, there are a few steps that you can use on Windows PC. This article will outline the exact procedure of using iMessage on PC Windows and a few of its alternatives.
|Name||iMessage on PC Windows|
|File Size||36 MB|
|Bug Test||Passed (No issues detected)|
How to Download iMessage on Windows PC?
Here are the steps you need to follow to install iMessage for Windows:
Step 1: Install the Emulator
Now, what is an emulator?
Emulators permit you to utilize programming intended for a specific working framework on an alternate stage at first unacceptable for that product. If it’s still complicated, understand that an emulator would allow you to access the App Store from your PC and download any available apps.
Which iOS emulator to use?
You can use iPadian, MobiOne Studio, or any other iOS emulator you know. Recommended one is iPadian which is very user-friendly.
- Type “iPadian.net” on Google Chrome on your Windows PC.
- Download iPadian Emulator from the official website.
- Adhere to the guidelines and snap on Next.
- Finally, click on Finish, and the iPadian Emulator has been installed on your Windows.
Step 2: Download iMessage For Windows
- Open the iPadian App on your PC.
- Search for iMessage on the search bar in the App.
- When you track down the App, click on download and install it.
Step 3: Launch the iMessage App
You can now sign in with your Apple ID and password by launching the App. This way, enjoy using iMessage to send and receive texts, photos, and videos to your friends and family from your Windows PC only!
Key Features of iMessage
- Like any other messaging application, iMessage helps users to send images, videos, audio, text files, documents, and locations. It is superior to sending by SMS/MMS.
- When you send an iMessage in iOS 16, you can edit it for up to 15 minutes after it is sent. Simply lengthy push on the message which you need to adjust, alter and resend the message.
- If you send an iMessage and want to delete it, you can use the undo send feature to unsend the message. It can be done up to 2 minutes after sending the message.
- A handwritten message is an excellent way to add a personal touch while delivering your text to the other person. iMessage allows you that also.
- You can also use Memojis in your chats. Memoji can be utilized as stickers in different postures.
Memoji will mimic your facial expression, which you can send to your friends.
- If you want to give a reaction to some message, that feature is also available on iMessage. By long pressing on the message, you can use a series of responses such as ‘like’, ‘dislike’, ‘laugh’, ‘question’, ‘surprised’, etc.
- iMessage also allows third-party app integrations. Apps like YouTube and Pinterest let you search and share content with others directly within iMessage.
- iMessage additionally permits you to impart your area to anybody in your contact. This feature is so promising when you have to meet someone and obviously for safety purposes.
- If you do not have any cool pictures to put on your DP, iMessage covers you. You can use your name initials, custom image, an emoji, or a Memoji as your DP. How amazing is that, especially for the photophobic!
- You can pin your frequently used and favorite conversations to the top of the list so that you don’t have to find them under the pile of other discussions every time. This is an excellent feature of iMessage to quickly and conveniently access important chats.
- You can use message effects that match the content of your messages. These message effects include balloons, lasers, fireworks, etc., making your conversations fun!
iMessage Alternatives For Windows
Here are a few alternative apps that are more or less like iMessage and permit you to remain associated with your loved ones.
Facebook Messenger is a speedy way to message. The best thing is that you can use it conveniently on your PC directly from your Facebook Profile. Facebook Messenger for desktop is very popular for video conferencing.
This application requires no introduction. Whatsapp is, definitely, one of the most well known informing Apps worldwide. This communication app is available in mobile as well as desktop versions. Whatsapp Desktop is available for download from the Microsoft store.
These days, the Discord platform is also becoming very popular for desktop communications. Over the last few years, particularly, business users are taking more and more interest in this App. Discord is excellent for remote meetings and conferences. You can create teams and groups on discord and grant different levels of permissions to other users among the teams.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions which are asked very frequently by iMessage Users.
Does iMessage count as text or data?
Answer. You require an Internet connection to send the iMessages. They are sent over data, not SMS or MMS, so they only count against your data cap.
Why are some messages blue and some green?
Answer. Blue texts are the ones that have been sent as iMessages, which are strictly for Apple users only. A green text specifies that the message has been sent as an SMS. This may be because either your device is not connected to the internet or the other person is not an iMessage user.
How to find friends on iMessage?
Answer. Social media is one of the most incredible ways of tracking down companions on iMessage. Just search for “iMessage” in your social media accounts, and you’ll be able to find a wealth of people who would be interested in talking with you. To start, try using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to connect with potential friends. You can also use iMessage to communicate with people from your area or worldwide.
Is iMessage secure?
Answer. On all Apple devices, iMessage offers end-to-end encryption making it highly secure. However, since iCloud backups are enabled by default on iMessage, there is no end-to-end encryption making your messages a little insecure.
How do you add effects to iMessage?
Answer. Various kinds of screen effects are triggered by typing some specific words into the message. Another way of starting screen effects is by long pressing the send button and typing the message.
Examples of a few trigger words are given below:
- Happy Birthday – floating Balloons
- Happy New Year – Continuous Fireworks
iMessage is a messaging service that is used extensively by people all over the world. It has many purposes, including communication with friends and family, finding friends in your area, and connecting with friends worldwide. You can enjoy a great experience while connecting with your loved ones using iMessage. And now it is not only limited to apple devices; it has become all the more useful. If you have an apple ID, you can easily use it on your Windows PC using the steps mentioned in the article.